Chairperson Ms A Silk
Secretary Ms P Cooper
Ms M Lambton
Ms M Johnson
Ms H Fife
Mr D Lambton
Cllr G Miller, Leader of Sunderland Council
Cllr H Trueman
- Minutes of previous meeting were approved
- Financial Statement: The Financial Report for 2018/2019 was made available to residents
- Election of Committee: The committee stood down and the opportunity to take up posts was given to residents. The present committee was re-elected without any additions from residents.
- Police: Full report on SVRA website, main points concerned continuing antisocial behavior on Thompsons site. Latest incident involved particular hostile group of 14-16 yr old boys & girls who pelted stones at Thompsons staff and threatened to firebomb them. Advice to residents is do not confront them but ring Police.
- 1940s Weekend: Taking place 28-30 June, next planning meeting at Hall 7pm 22 May, all welcome
- Bowes Railway: Now open Thurs, Fri, Sat 10am-3pm. Lots of new things to see – mining exhibition, miners cottage, village timeline, blacksmith & joinery workshops, guided tours and café is open. Heritage trails available. Ghost night 6 July, 9pm-2am.
- Greenbelt: Examination in Public is now underway and SVRA has responded to a number of preliminary questions asked by the Planning Inspector. Public hearing sessions are 21, 22, 23 May and 4, 5, 6, 11, 12 June and SVRA will be speaking at all the sessions that relate to our village. Residents who have not registered to speak can still attend the hearings – SVRA would welcome support.
Cllr Miller, Leader of Sunderland Council addressed the meeting and engaged in a robust question and answer session, full details on SVRA website.
- AOB – No other items were put forward for discussion.
- Date & time of next meeting – Tuesday 25 June, 7pm.