27 February 2018
SPRINGWELL SOCIAL CLUB
Chair A. Templeman
Secretary P .Cooper
Other committee members
Cllr. H. Trueman
Cllr. D. Trueman
Cllr. B. Scaplehorn
Approx 20 Members of the Public Attended
1.The minutes of the previous meeting were moved, seconded and agreed.
2. Police Report:
Main problems have been youths taking wheelie bins – usually to set them on fire, suspicious callers, break ins and theft from sheds, theft of car, complaints about motor bikes. See full report on SVRA website
3. Village Updates
a) Northumbrian Water volunteers – Northumbrian Water has been approached to help with maintenance projects to keep the village tidy – they have agreed and will be doing work in the coming months
b) Northumbrian Water working with village school children, building a rain garden planter at the school- to be planted up with Environment Agency at a community event
c) Environment Agency working with school on flood resilience. Parents were invited to school on 23 Feb to learn about flood resilience and see children’s work
d) Gentoo has approved a grant £500 that will be spent on planting and things to improve the village in the run up to the forties weekend
e) Groundwork – organisation working with school – has had a further 10 sessions approved – 20 in total
did litter pick 26 Feb
Bat and Bird Boxes Workshop 17th March, 11am – 1pm, in Seldom Seem Park (NE9 7QP) – one box per family. Each box takes about 20 minutes to build. Contact number available for those who want it.
– bat walk 10 April (evening)
– craft in the park session dates tbc
– nature walk dates tbc
– planting tubs with school children dates tbc
4. Bowes Update -Pattern Cutting session on Friday 2nd March – need to book
Easter Bunny Workshop available – details on facebook page
First Open Weekend Sat 3 and Sun 4 March
5. Thompsons- determination deadline agreed for June 2018 but hope to have this finalised earlier
6. Core Strategy and Development Plan – Consultation Report and revised draft due out Summer 2018.
7. Highways Agency Consultation – most people had received consultation documents but not responded. One person intends attending meeting.
8. Any Other Business – Flooding Works – assuming delay because of Great Crested Newts. Resident reported info on Sunderland Council Website re siting of temp traffic lights on Springwell Road and closure of Mount Lane – request made for more specific details
Fly Tipping – complaints re wagon tipping household waste and rubble on track immediately west of motorway bridge at the eastern end of Peareth Hall Road (Springwell Village Circular Route) – resident passed info to land owner – SVRA to report to Council.
9. Next meeting: Tuesday 17th April 2018