W&M Thompson (Quarries) Limited
2 February 2016
Attendees: Aubrey Telfer (Site Manager), Katie Wood (RP Wood Planning) Ryan Molloy (Thompsons-Environment) Liz Reid, Pauline Cooper, Helen Fife, Maureen Lambton, Dennis Lambton
1. Additional road areas within the site have been covered with Tarmac. This means that vehicles will be cleaner before entering the wheel wash and therefore significantly cleaner when exiting site
2. Following agreement with Sunderland Council, work is now in progress to replace kerbs at the entrance to the site. Access will be maintained for prams, disabled users and pedestrians
3. New rubber screening and rubber screen mats are being installed on site to minimise noise
4. Landscaping works to clear overgrown areas of woodland and to restructure the ponds are ongoing.
5. Repairs to shed roof are in progress but are weather dependent
6. On site security has been improved following a number of break-ins
7. Next meeting to be arranged.