Incidents for Period 26/6/17-31/8/17
1 Burglary, 3 Theft, 3 Damage, 3 Common assault, 2 malicious communication, 1 Shoplifting, 7 re noise/parking at Mill House, 1 MV obstruction, 1 intruder at Refuse Disposal works, 5 motorcycle disorder, 1 complaint against male at Fell House (has been evicted)2 youths on quarry site, 1 suspicious male selling goods under young offenders scheme. Also have been vermin shoots at nearby farms and domestic incidents.
Incidents for period 3rd May 2017 – 12 June 2017
38 reports – 13 of significance:6 thefts of wheelie bins, 1 theft of car (Heugh Hill), 2 Anti Social Behaviour (+ 2 at Mill House inc 1 for loud music), 1 burglary (Poplars), 2 assaults (1Guide Post, 1 Highbury Drive) and 1 damage to property.
Incidents for period 6/3/17 – 29/4/14
25 crimes have been recorded for the period 6/3/17-29/4/17:-
4 damage to motor vehicle, 3 burglary (to shed/garage), 2 damage to fences, 3 shoplifting, 4 common assault, 3 harassment, 3 public order, 1 theft of wheelie bin, 2 thefts. Also three ASBs of youth disorder and loud music at Mill House
There have been problems with motorbikes particularly Springwell Estate and Blackfell – residents urged to report incidents to enable police to pursue – illegal scrambling bikes can be confiscated and destroyed.
Officers keen to point out that Springwell Village is one of the safest places to live Community Support Officers can now be contacted on their personal work mobile phones and are able to make appointments to see people by visiting their homes
Incidents from 31/01/17 to 14/03/17:
Damage to motor vehicle Underhill Terrace, 2 burglaries, one damage caused by youths throwing eggs at property, one theft of number plates from vehicle, one damage to wing mirror.
Four anti-social behaviour – youths causing nuisance – police will be visiting perpetrators.
Motor cycle disorder – expect possible increase as weather improves – please get numbers, descriptions if possible and call 101. Resident complained about motor bike disorder at top of Stoney Lane.
There have been six crimes reported for period 01/01/2017 to 29/01/2017
4 x Wheelie Bin Thefts (thefts occurred in Ashfield Terrace, Bowes Gardens, Westfield Terrace & Stoney Lane).
1 x Burglary to a Shed. (this occurred Railway Close, 3 x Mountain bikes stolen).
1 x Shoplifting Nisa Store (Known Offender).
Anti -Social Behaviour Youth Related Incidents – none reported.
SVRA 26th July – 6th Sept 2016, 7pm
PLEASE PASS ON MY APOLOGIES FOR NOT BEING ABLE TO ATTEND AND THANK PEOPLE FOR THEIR SUPPORT IN THE LAST 2 YEARS.
Crime: ( 7 crimes / 1 theft / 4 damage / 1 possession of cannabis / 1 theft from m/v
1 arson / 1 assault )
1. Damage to dwelling, Ferndale Terrace, early morning on 31/07/16.
2. Theft, ladders chained to wall stolen from rear yard Linden Terrace, between 28-30/07/16.
3. Wagon set alight, Bowes Railway. This happened on 19/7/16 at approx.. 11pm and has recently been reported.
4. Possession of Cannabis, 7.30pm 09/08/16 Heugh Hill.
5. Theft from m/v, overnight on 11/08/16, secure cycle stolen from roof rack of car in Fairhaven.
6. Damage to fencing around the horses secure field at Somerford/Fairhaven, between 12-18/08/16.
7. Damage to fencing around the horses secure field at Somerford/Fairhaven, 21/08/16.
8. Damage to fencing around the horses secure field at Somerford/Fairhaven, overnight 23-24/08/16.
9. Assault reported 29/8/16 approx 0030am, Peareth Hall Rd. Victim knows offender.
ASB: ( 0 incidents )
1. Prowlers on site Mount Lane Cottage, approx. 0030 – 0430am. No damage or theft.
2. Intruders on site, Natural Stone Quarries 29/8/16 approx 7pm. Approx 8 persons made off twds Wrekenton.
3. Report of youths dismantling electricity box near to Bowes Gdns, approx. 9pm 29/8/16. No damage caused on police attendance.
Reports of youths gathering at the ‘platform’. Please advise residents to report any littering and anti-social behaviour to the Council. Ultimately it is the Council who may make changes to the use of land and/or demolition. Police will attend reports of asb but the timeliness may not always be as requested due to resources/other incidents graded with higher priority.
PLEASE BE AWARE OF LOCKING DOORS AND WINDOWS IN THE WARM WEATHER.
Please think before ringing the police, is this really a police matter and would it be more appropriate to contact the local council or another agency.
PARTICULAR ISSUES CAUSING CONCERN – I AM CONTACTABLE THROUGH THE NORTHUMBRIA POLICE WEBSITE BY EMAIL OR THE SVRA HAVE MY CONTACT DETAILS OR INDEED THROUGH THE 101 NUMBER IF THE INCIDENT IS NOT AN EMERGENCY/AND A IMMEDIATE RESPONSE IS NOT NEEDED.